Benches and Shelves

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The inside has now been insulated and plywood, just needs to be painted. I guess white is a given based on its reflecting of light. What about benches and shelves solid or spaced between? Floor is wood if that makes a difference. What kind do you prefer in your greenhouse?

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't have a greenhouse per se. I guess it is a potting shed(?). But it has glass windows on all 4 sides. And a solid wall for the bottom half.
Anyway, the people who built it used treated wood stair stringers, topped with treated wood slats, spaced about 3/4" from each other to allow for drainage and ventilation. It works pretty good.
It also has a concrete slab floor.

Attachments

• DSC00094.JPG
    DSC00094.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC00095.JPG
    DSC00095.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 213

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
White in a greenhouse? with dirt? Just me, but white might be harder to keep clean. What color is your dirt? Paint it that color. :lol: What about purple? Orange? I know! Russian roulette! Go to Lowes or paint store and buy Oops Paint. :clap

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moxie stair stringers aare prefect !!! Mines not really a green house, I use term greenhouse for building to grow plants. got it from home depot where they call it solar shed. Bay I was thinking best color to reflect light. Maybe a light tan would be better.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The inside has now been insulated and plywood, just needs to be painted. I guess white is a given based on its reflecting of light. What about benches and shelves solid or spaced between? Floor is wood if that makes a difference. What kind do you prefer in your greenhouse?
Make sure the shelves have optimal light. Mine are like 2 steps so they get good light and the floor is usable 2 plant widths deep. Actually I can use most of the floor as I have plants that need less light. The width of the shelves is very important. I use large seed starting trays that are 8 X 12. (I think.) The selves were built based on their dimensions. Mine were stained and pollyed for 30 plus years. I just painted them with floor paint a soft almond color to update the color.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
any light color will reflect light. What about a reflective silver? That might be great. I just painted mine a soft celery green and I love it. But, mine is a part of the house so the color is more important to me.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moxie I like what you have so much better then mine. If I saw yours before i ordered mine, I would of had same built. Do you have any heat in it?

Latest posts