Best fertilizer for Zoysia?

norbetow

Sprout
Reaction score
I laid zoysia grass in the few months and it took a while to take but it has taken well but has not grown very much. It’s also fairly green but does have round circle about 8 inches in diameter of brown grass which I believe is from my dog peeing.
Now I want to fertilize the lawn to make it even greener but also grow more. Can you please recommend products for my grass type? Also if you have something that helps with the brown spot please let me know. I’m interested in products for year-round care.

john

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Took my lawn many years to fill in since I ordered the plugs when I first moved in probably 15 years then I noticed some just went away. We cut some trees down and bingo it came back now I have a whole yard full. I used nitrogen but it didn't help it to green up and I have a mulch mower now I see thatch that I de-thatch once a year use my push mower with a bagger and cut it that way and pick up the thatch, lots of work. I also cut it higher than they suggest makes it look greener. Cut it on 4 on my mower after about 2 cuts on 3 at the beginning of the summer. If I get no rain win a week I don't have to cut it. Zoysia does not grow fast.

Latest posts