best headges for privacy and sound deadening?

quadcam79

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
long story short, we just moved to our new house at the end of Dec. my next door neighbor has a schitzo 20 something yr old daughter who is home 24/7 and blares the stereo constantly, i'm sitting here right now and I can ID the song from the bassline. It wouldnt be so annoying if it wasnt day after day

We're going to need to plant hedges along our yard and I was thinking boxwood would fill in better than anything and hopefully block some of the bass too. we have 435' of fence line so I need something that is fast growing and fills in a large area any suggestions aside from going over and smashing her stereo with a sledge hammer?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A solid fence, with a hedge on your side to look btter and block even more sound, would help. Wouldn't have to be along the whole 450+ feet of proprty line =:eek:, just the part that is actually between you and the stereo.

I wonder if box would be too slow-growing for your immediate needs, relative to other dense hedging materials. Dunno about your other Florida hedge options, alas.

Good luck,

Pat

2468Gardeningisgr8

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello....My in laws have no fence in their back yard but they have good neighbours but for privacy they have planted a huge section of reed grass next to their deck.I call it reed grass I am not sure of the proper name. The plant grows to almost 6 feet tall and in the fall the stems harden almost like bamboo and turn hard and brown and sound really cool when the wind blows through them..The plant also had a plum on top which the birds like to eat and are neat in flower arrangements ..and in the winter it looks really beautiful with the snow...ooops not your problem I think.....I grew it in my old backyard for privacy to block the neighbours view from their porch because the fence was only 5ft.....worked great and they enjoyed it too..Its a perrenial and has to be cut back in the spring up here to regrow again......as for the noise a water feature would be nice to block out the noise something with a waterfall and I think a nice chat with the neighbours....I know I would like to know if it was my kids....have a good one...

Latest posts