best pressure canner for a beginner?

katz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's GOOD to have you back and posting !!
I am glad I helped U :)

Blue Ridge Hillbilly

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Last year I saw an ad in the local newspaper about a yard sale where someone was retiring and selling their house hold items. I called the number and was able to buy 12 dozen mason jars and two pressure cookers. They were very old but very rugged. I got on the internet and found seals and also bought new pressure guages for both. My wife already had an old presto that was passed down from her mother. Those old pressure canners are built to last and with a little work and repair they will last forever. Last gardening season we canned over 700 jars of vegetables and fruit. not to mention all the wonderful homemade jellies. We will keep those three pressure canners going as long as we are able to. I have a canning room that is airconditioned that keeps everything 65 degrees on the hottest days. On these cold winter days we have some of the most delicious meals out of that canning room. This past year we canned our on salsa, pear realish, apple relish, beet pickles, greasy beans, half runner beans and bush beans. Pickled peaches, tomatoes, tomatoes and okra for soup, muscadine juice, pickled okra, many kinds of cucumber pickles, pepper and all kinds of preserves and jelly. I would definitely recommend a pressure canner. If you go to flea markets or yard sales you can find a good one for a fraction of the price of a new one. Happy canning.

Latest posts