Big Fish, Little Fish

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We put these things in Ramblings.

I came across this on the teevee this morning.

It looks way too academic on the web but I can't even share what I was watching because there was no captioning.

Rare Care (link)

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We put these things in Ramblings.

I came across this on the teevee this morning.

It looks way too academic on the web but I can't even share what I was watching because there was no captioning.

Rare Care (link)

I recognize some names on here of medicinal herbs, but may not be the same genus (family?) astralagus and artemesia, for two.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I recognize some names on here of medicinal herbs, but may not be the same genus (family?) astralagus and artemesia, for two.

What should we do about something like this, So Lucky?

Be happy someone is paying attention?
Be willing to pay taxes for support?
Delve into the subject, buying books, attending meetings?
Find seed and grow them?

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's very sad to see Washington starting to lose some of it's beautiful flora. I've always considered it one of those more "wild" states. There's probably some conservation team out there that you can make a donation to, to help save these plants.

Some of those plants on the list are in the same genus as the medicinal plants, but are of a different species. They are close relatives to the medicinal plants.

I am wondering if Cotton's Milk Vetch and Northern Wormword have the same or similar properties as their medicinal counterparts. If these plants were grown for their (possible) medicinal purposes, sure some semi-domesticated variety would probably show up sooner or later, but this would at least give those plants a secure place to keep growing.

Latest posts