Big Morning Surprise *warning: big pictures*

schmije

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You're going to have to change your signature. Now you have THREE horses! ;) Congrats on the new baby! Looking forward to some more pictures.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My cousin had a same story. Her husband kept telling that the new paint seemed to be too fat. She said that was from all the rich grass. One morning he said to her "Look at all the rich grass running all over the field."
Such beautiful pictures. You are blessed.

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well I would have more pictures, but it was a sad day. We have a German Shepherd mix that lives with the horses because she kills my chickens. I had a split decision to make before going to work. I decided to put her in the empty buck pen. When I got home Ruby had gotten out and my goats had multiple bite wounds to their hind quarters and scrapes on their udders. I feel just awful, I should have stayed home.

Serina was in shock, I gathered her up and got some fruit juice in her as quick as I could and kept dosing her until she came around. I cleaned them all off and washed the wounds really well and treated with betadine and salve. Jenny my boar/nubian mix has the worst wound. I think they will make it, but they are extremely sore and swollen. Of course I'm at work again and can't be at home with them. The baby and mom are doing good and are in my front yard. Ruby is back in the dry lot where she normally lives with our Paint gelding Doc.

My poor Great Pyrenees puppy was so tired from running interference all day. She was still sleeping in the same spot I left her in last night. I will give y'all an update tomorrow. One of the vets is coming by this afternoon to help shave and assess wounds. Thank goodness there are not rips or tears, but puncture wounds can be just as bad. You just have to keep them scrubbed out 2 times a day, they need to heal from the inside out so they don't abscess.

When it rains drama at my house, it pours. I think I'm emotionally numb today.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have WAY MORE patience than I do. I'd break that dog or kill it. Sorry to hear, hope all works out.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about this! I'm sure that this was very tough on your Great Pyrenees too. It must have been a tough call for her to try and protect the goats and not go after the German Shephard. I hope that everyone (including you) recovers from this soon. :hugs

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wouldn't keep that dog around...it is a killer... if it goes after your livestock it could go after a child...

Latest posts