Big Morning Surprise *warning: big pictures*

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ruby has been with us since she was a pup. My husband took out of a bad situation with the "understanding" we would try and find her a home. Of course that never happened, and now I think I've finally convinced him it's not fair to her to be constantly with the horses. She actually LOVES people and is a well mannered dog, but has a strong prey drive. I would not trust her with small children AT ALL.

I cannot adopt her out knowing she has a strong prey drive. I don't want to take her to the shelter either with her history. It's just a bad situation any way I look at it because her options are so limited. I feel like a bad person for wanting to putting her down, but I would feel even worse if she hurt someone's pet or child.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hangin, I'm glad that it seems that your goats will recover. Now, you know to always keep the dog where he won't harm anyone.

On a lighter note, I thought of a name for your new foal. How about "Sunrise" since she was born at that time?

Mary

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Best toy---E V E R !!!!!!!
Keep him in horses, and he'll NEVER get into trouble as a teenager. Just LOVE seeing boys with horses. **sigh**
My QH, "Buster Brown" looks a little like his pony.
May102012pictures024.jpg

Bustereatinggrainmay220122.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the dog- don't beat yourself up about it... Mom and baby are absolutely adorable!!

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Serina and Skye are up and moving about this morning, so I believe they are on the mend. Jenny's puncture wound has me worried. She cannot put pressure on that leg (puncture wound in the hip) and it is really swollen. I've been giving her antibiotics and flushing it out 2 times a day. If she's not attempting to walk by this weekend, we might have to put her down.

The baby pony is doing good in the front yard with mom. She's running around playing but always returns to mom for a nuzzle.

Latest posts