Bird Sightings 2014 - 2015

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Got out to take some new pictures today, here's what we saw:

These male red-wing blackbirds were competing with each other for the attention of the female, they kept mimicking each other.
046.JPG

045.JPG
042.JPG

And here's the female they were woo-ing, poor drab lady doing all the work of building the nest...haha.
017.JPG

This Wilson's Snipe sat on this fencepost and let me photograph him for a while, he's really cute :)
026.JPG

This beautiful quarter horse lives at my favorite birding area, so he got his picture taken too ;)
013.JPG

And a cinnamon teal!
012.JPG

Finally got some good bald eagle pictures today too!
005.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Heather, you have bald eagles where you can get that close? If I was that lady bird, I'd defintely fall for one of those red wing blackbirds. I think they're beautiful. Is their singing nice?

Oh, and I love that horse too. Is he yours?

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mary the red wing blackbird singing is horrible! Hahaha, actually its interesting - but its more along the lines of industrial equipment screaching than "singing."

And right after i took that pic of the bald eagle, he flew off. I was pretty far away, i've got a huge zoom on my camera. So he looks close, but wasnt really. The horse is not mine, just took his picture.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like the rw blackbird shots so much I've been contemplating making them into large size prints for our walls...the texture of the lichen on the fence is just gorgeous too, you can see why I keep going back to this marsh to get pictures! I saw some white-faced ibis there yesterday too, but they were very far away and I couldn't get any pics of them...so I'll try again soon, they're so pretty!

Latest posts