Birds

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Let's see if I can get these photos to load. I took them with the camera, transferred to the computer, then transferred to my phone (which I use because I have no internet service here).
Eastern Phoebe?
1-114_0009.JPG
1-114_0008.JPG
1-114_0021.JPG
1-114_0032.JPG
1-114_0031.JPG
1-114_0028.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack also had quite a bit to say about seed he received from outside-the-US on TEG.

I finally figured out (i think) the situation :confused: . That's on us, not the foreign seed company. US regulations don't control what they drop off for their national postal service. If it is showing up with our address on it, US federal agencies may be seizing it. We recall that this happened to Jack.

I should dialog with some of the multitude of our local Cliff Swallows, down under the river bridges. They just might have been all the way into Argentina/Chile Lake Country a few months ago. That's where I imagine myself gardening October thru March, every year. Yeah, the Cliff Swallows may be able carry north some local variety seeds I won't be able to get thru customs when I pull the boat into the dock on April First.

Steve ;)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have so many birds here, its amazing. Whereas 50 min away, all we had were crows.

I don't feed the birds in the summer. But I do in the winter. I watched a nest of robins these last few weeks and saw the last of four flutter away yesterday. I've got five bird houses up, which are all used by some of the birds. But the robins and the dumb doves prefer open nests.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd say you're right, it does in fact look like
Let's see if I can get these photos to load. I took them with the camera, transferred to the computer, then transferred to my phone (which I use because I have no internet service here).
Eastern Phoebe?

Sure looks like it. What an incredible nest! I've never seen anything like it before.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jack also had quite a bit to say about seed he received from outside-the-US on TEG.

I finally figured out (i think) the situation :confused: . That's on us, not the foreign seed company. US regulations don't control what they drop off for their national postal service. If it is showing up with our address on it, US federal agencies may be seizing it. We recall that this happened to Jack.

I should dialog with some of the multitude of our local Cliff Swallows, down under the river bridges. They just might have been all the way into Argentina/Chile Lake Country a few months ago. That's where I imagine myself gardening October thru March, every year. Yeah, the Cliff Swallows may be able carry north some local variety seeds I won't be able to get thru customs when I pull the boat into the dock on April First.

Steve ;)

Is that what happened? I heard that he left, and not on good terms. He's actually one of my inspirations for photographing the birds

Latest posts