black lab farm fall garden happenings heavy pic

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
hello everyone have not been here for awhile just to busy at work it has been 7 days a week
did finally put my foot down and just took a week off last week in september that was a very relaxing week we did a stay at home vacation.
but unfortunately the 7 days work week is gearing up again,they just brought building in conover,nc and another in columbia,sc....oh well its a pay check

on to a much happier subject...... gardening
the fall raised beds are doing great and it has expanded

lettuce and beets

the herbs are happy campers

two of my favorites radishes and bok choi

spinach bunching onions parsley and carrots

spinach in a new bed

while on vacation built 5 more beds so now have 11 beds

plus during that time worked on the garlic bed raised it 6" and planted 396 all red varieties
and in the new beds planted 200 susanville and 35 elephant garlic all from last years harvest

main garden is winding down kind of
the green beans are holding their own except for some rust

eggplant is loving this weather

then there are the bell peppers thank goodness we like bells

corn in october.... you bet

kiwis sure loved all that rain we got

have not forgotten about pruning up blackberries in the fall piece
all most embarrassed to so you this picture, but just not have had time to tackle this yet.

hows everyones fall garden doing?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
No fall garden here. Just bringing in the last tomatoes, potatoes and peppers before frost takes the plants. May get some hard frost already this week. :( Green beans have been done for weeks. Your raise beds look fabulous! I like how you have them arranged so it can be fenced. Ours are too spread out and the rabbits LOVE them! :barnie Glad you had a productive week off and some relaxing, too.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, i repeat everything Thistle said! Fall gardening for me is just clean up for winter and tremendous amounts of snow *sigh*

Very nice pics, thanks for sharing!!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Major, your garden looks fantastic. Lucky you that gets to double your gardening space with those new beds. It looks like everything produced very nicely. That bok choi looks so big and nice.

My 2 Heritage and 1 Fall Gold raspberries having finished producing. I can see new growth at the bottom. Is now the time to prune those vines that had the raspberries? I can't get it straight on whether you prune now or later, or if next year they produce on new or old wood.

Thanks
Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, your garden looks great! I'm envious. The only thing I have growing is mustard and a little spinach. Pretty much everything else has given up the ghost. I am ready to put the garden to bed and start on indoor projects.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful, Major'!

I got some frost-nipped snow peas today. There's celery root out there and several pumpkins ripening under piles of frost-killed vines. Oh, and I moved some bok choy into the greenhouse y'day! Tomorrow, imagonna plant some seeds in there!

Were your ears burning a couple of days ago??

www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=357471#p357471

Steve ;)

Latest posts