Black spot in potatoes

IB4Fun

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I live in North East Texas DigitS, I planted them toward the end of Feb. Most of my potatoes are blooming and are producing seed pods. About Mid April I planted the non cold weather plants. I have already gotten some sweet banana peppers and I planted 3 different types of tomatoes which are all covered in green tomatoes right now. I also planted 3 different lima beans, garlic, Black eyed peas, watermelons, cantalopes, cucumbers and onions.

I had a few plants of green bell peppers but a rabbit liked them all as well except for one plant and it seems to be struggling lol hey can't win them all eh?

My cantalopes and cucumbers are also blooming.

Question here, if it is Oxygen in my soil that is causing this, how do I put oxygen into the soil?

Thanks again,

IB

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tilling!

That is loosening the soil and stirring air into it. It hastens the decomposition of organic material. So, that means you have to add more.

There are lots of people who have come to TEG forums from Texas . . . some of them are hereabouts at any given moment.

Welcome to the forums, IB :frow!

Steve

IB4Fun

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thank you and I am reading the other posts and learning, maybe I can pull this garden off yet! lol

Thanks,

IB

Latest posts