blackberries/raspberries

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I will give it a try. I have been online but it looks like they are sold out at all the online nurseries, they said I can be on order for next year and when they have them they will ship. I don't like to order something I can't have for a year though, I will forget all about it and then not have saved space for it.I will keep looking though, I would like to do raspberries and blackberries, I will probabaly come across some.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Often people will offer to sell extra raspberries when they thin their raspberry patches . . . maybe you might look out for that next spring? A neighbor gave me two of her thinnings and they are much healthier than the ones that I ordered and paid top $ for from a nursery.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thats true, I am always leery of ordering online, I don't always have good luck with them. I actually gave up last year and only went to the garden centers near me, I figured if they sell it here I should be able to grow it here without a problem.
I will keep my eyes open for anyone getting rid of some extras.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
WE prune our wild berries back every year, they are near our creek, we manage the size, they are currently18'x10'x10"tall, they produce very well, they are near our garden and fruit trees so we get great pollination.

Latest posts