Blackberry syrup recipe

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You all are driving me nuts! or Berries?

I LOVE blackberries but none are down here in the Los Angeles area.. When we visit my mother in Oregon we always stop in Northern CA (off the 101) and pick gallons of wild blackberries on the side of the road.. Yum! We did this as kids as well.. I've still got some frozen bags in the freezer that I like to put on top of Vanilla ice cream.. No sugar needed..

We did this last year and I've got tons of blueberries that are frozen and make great smoothies (we picked ~75lb of them last year but had to pay :(.

hope to get up there again this summer if possible to get some peaches, etc.. Yum!

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well.. I got my (temporary) fix of Blackberries last week when we were in Northern CA.. We were up by the Klamath river just south of Crescent City and the blackberries were all over the place. We picked a decent sized box of berries and they were litterally gone within an hour.. My daughter was shoving them into her mouth by the handful.. Needless to say they caught up with her later -- if you know what I mean.. ;)

Latest posts