Blue Baked Potato

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This was my dinner the other day :
6981_purple_baked_potatoe_002.jpg

The potato was from my garden and it was very yummy, and I'll be growing All blue potatoes again next year.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cats...Is that all you ate? If so, you must not be overweight like some of us. :)

I love baked potatoes with sour cream!

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah, the famous potato diet!! Looks delicious- did they grow as well as "regular" potatoes? Do you think they will make a good storage potato?

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What????
I've never heard of blue potatoes. Tell us all about them, please. Did you dip that potato in your blue berry jam?
Nope they grow that way, here is a link to the Burpee site's page on them (I bought the seed potatoes from them): http://www.burpee.com/vegetables/potatoes/all-purpose/potato-all-blue-prod000845.html

That is different, does it taste the same as regular potatoes. :hide
Just tastes like a potato (just a lot better then store bought)
Cats...Is that all you ate? If so, you must not be overweight like some of us. smile
I love baked potatoes with sour cream!
Mary
Yep, I have weird eating habits.

Ah, the famous potato diet!! Looks delicious- did they grow as well as "regular" potatoes? Do you think they will make a good storage potato?
No diet just my weird eating habits, they seemed to grow just as well as my Yukon Golds, we will see.

VickiLynn

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I grew blue potatoes this year, too. When I tried boiling some, the water turned blue. They are good, but the production was not as good as it was with the other two kinds of potatoes I grew, so not sure if I'll give them the garden space again next year. Although I do LOVE bringing them out when company comes!