Blueberry Cordial Liqueur Update post #29

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
Oh baymule... we are birds of a feather. I sure do end up with a pantry full of fruit liquors every year! :) I haven't done blueberry, but I bet that doing a blueberry lemonchello would go very nicely this year. :)
Post some recipes! Please! For us that are learning!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
rebbetzin said:
baymule said:
I picked 6 pounds of blueberries last Friday for $1 a pound. I will go this Friday and pick some more. Friday afternoons while my mom is at her ladies domino game at church is the only time I can do anything with out her. So I have always wanted to try making blueberry liqueur so here goes.

5 cups blueberries, frozen then thawed. (it bursts the molecular structure and releases more juice)
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups vodka

I put it in a 1 gallon glass jar, put the top on it and put in the pantry. I did 2 of these to use up the berries. I am supposed to shake it a couple times a week and let it set for 4-6 months. Then strain and enjoy! I can also use the berries over ice cream!

I'll be back in 6 months to let you know how it tastes...........hic........hic.........
I made some raspberry cordial, a couple of years ago now...

I still have about a half gallon of the stuff!! I found a small jar with about a half a cup of it, and decided to drink it just now!! I added a few ounces of half and half!! It was quite yummy... but it went straight to my head!! I am sure I will soon be falling to sleep!!
Recipes Please!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, I bought Smirnoff. I was looking for 80 proof. I went with a brand name I recognized, mainly because I don't know much about alcohol beverages. :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also made some liqueur with wild blackcaps (raspberries). Pretty much the same recipe and directions. No fermentation -- no blowing a gasket. Yum! Unfortunately (or fortunately) no one here likes it except me. I did share with my two BFFs and they liked it as well but a little goes a long way. I'd like to try it with blueberries.