Blueberry Cordial Liqueur Update post #29

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Vfem! You are way out in front of me on this fruit/vodka/liqueur stuff! I'll have to go find more fruit to pick so I can catch up! The final bottled liqueurs on your blog look so pretty!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
Skinny Girl has a line of low calorie vodkas.
low calorie vodka---isn't that an oxymoron? :lol: I thought alcoholic beverages were supposed to blow your diet. :gig Especially when you soak fruits and berries in it and add sugar by the cupfulls. :drool

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I lowered a gravy ladle into one of the jars yesterday to sample this stuff. Not being much of a drinker, might as well say practically a non-drinker, a couple spoons of the blueberry liqueur gave me a little zing. :lol: Still letting it soak, saving bottles to put it in when bottling day comes. But I just used the 3 bottles I had for vanilla. The liqueur tasted strong to me, but then I don't know much about liqueurs. :lol:

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I made the best blackberry liqueur this summer. We had a cool wet spring, lots of huge, juicy fat berries. Filled a mason jar with fruit so dead ripe they squished themselves, topped that with about a cup of white sugar, filled the jar with Golden Grain. Used the higher alcohol content because it was so juicy I felt it needed it to keep the mix active. Shaken daily, left the lid a bit loose between until it stopped fermenting, then set aside in the dark. Already it tastes wonderful.

Usually I use cheap vodka and blueberries with excellent results.

My sister brought a book of home making recipes from Germany. I will get my hands on it and share. She has made hers with cherries and other fruits, and uses brown sugar.

jomoncon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have a gallon jar of blackberries and one of strawberries sitting in vodka right now. The strawberry has to sit until 10/04, and then I strain & add in a simple syrup. The blackberries are supposed to be finished by 11/08.

I can't wait to see how they turn out.
Jo-Ann

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It has been raining for days, cold and nasty weather. It even SNOWED today! It melted when it hit the ground, but it was SNOW!! Soooooo I broke out the blueberry cordial. DH and I are watching TV, kicked back in our recliners and sipping blueberry cordial. Good stuff. :drool

I guess it is time to strain it and bottle it up. Going to pack a Christmas basket of home made goodies for a white elephant present.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
StupidBird said:
I made the best blackberry liqueur this summer. We had a cool wet spring, lots of huge, juicy fat berries. Filled a mason jar with fruit so dead ripe they squished themselves, topped that with about a cup of white sugar, filled the jar with Golden Grain. Used the higher alcohol content because it was so juicy I felt it needed it to keep the mix active. Shaken daily, left the lid a bit loose between until it stopped fermenting, then set aside in the dark. Already it tastes wonderful.

Usually I use cheap vodka and blueberries with excellent results.

My sister brought a book of home making recipes from Germany. I will get my hands on it and share. She has made hers with cherries and other fruits, and uses brown sugar.
I did something like that with peaches, and it exploded. Must have done something wrong.

Latest posts