Blueberry Honey Jam

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I posted this in a different area but I thought more folks might be interested in this recipe. It's still sweet but not over the top sweet and a MUST make every year @ our house.

INGREDIENTS:

2 1/2 cups of course chopped blueberries

2 1/2 cups of sugar

1 cup of honey

1 tablespoon of lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg

1 (3oz) packet of a liquid pectin

HOW TO:

All ingredients are combined into a pot except for the pectin. Bring to a full boil & boil for 2 minutes while stirring constantly. Remove from heat add pectin. Ladle into jars water bath can for 10 minutes.

ENJOY!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds heavenly. I have lots of honey on hand. Will have to buy some blueberries\. Do you think frozen will work?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! That sounds wonderful! I need to keep that for next year. This summer was so dismal there were very few berries...

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Frozen works just fine. We freeze a lot of what we get from the U-picks & come back to can later. I've got easily 20lbs of blueberries in the freezer plus strawberries & rhubarb jut waiting to be turned into something.

Now y'all get cookin!!!!! :D

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for this blueberry recipe ! However, Do you have a sugar free recipe ? Between the sugar in the berries, the amount of sugar then the honey, that would send this diabetic ( started 3 years ago) into a sugar overload . :hu

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hmmm not that I'm aware of. What do use as a sugar alternative? Maybe ad touch more honey & skip the sugar? Would be worth trying

mrcman

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Jared,

Do you suppose this could be frozen instead of canned?

Tony

Latest posts