Bok choy

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cut thin strips of meat, I prefer beef. Marinate a little while in a 1:1:1/2 ratio of soysauce : vinegar : oil.

Start cooking some rice.

Dice some garlic or julienne green onions (preferred). Chop the bok choy.

Have broth at hand. Stir cornstarch into some of it.

A big skillet is as good as a wok. Start cooking the meat. Add the veggies and if it's all getting a little dry, splash in the broth. As it nears being fully cooked, add the broth and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, it should be a little soupy. Serve over rice. Easy way and I'm happy with that :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is your favorite way of cooking bok choy or a recipe?

i'm really one of those universal people when it comes down to any cabbage family crop. i love them any way they're cooked, steamed, fermented, deep fried, dehydrated, raw short of being full of worms... if the leaf is big enough i like them used as wrappers to hold salads of any kind. i like them in flaky pastries, i like eating them as i thin them in the garden... etc. the most frequent way i get them these days is shredded and mixed with other ingredients in egg rolls (which i would happy to have as an entire meal along with the sweet and sour sauce).

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well the recipe was a hit. DS and DB ate it up and me, so I gave some bok choy to DD and then the recipe and she said this makes no sense. Send me the recipe. She thought what digitS wrote something I typed. lol She finally figured it out. I even got DS to eat steamed bok choy and I was kind of shocked, but he actually likes collards. I have a feeling he may come over to my way of thinking on cabbage one of these days.