Bonus seeds

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
when our order from Sandhill came in the mail they included three packs of seeds to try.
First is, Mississippi brown cotton.
It is a 130 days to maturity defiantly not planting it.

Second one is, Eckert pink polish tomato,
It a large beefsteak slicer type tomato, it is said to be more sweet than acidic. May get fruits over a pound. Heirloom and indeterminate.

Lastly, Alberto shatters tomato.it is a pea or currant size tomato. It self seeds by dropping the fruit and shatters on the ground. I read that way back when it was grown and used for making jam of all things. It is heirloom and indeterminate.

I am not going to plant any of these seeds except I think I will keep three seeds of the Alberto shatters to try and get one planted in an unused corner and see if they will come back on their own. The rest I’m giving away to first person who wants them. Up for grabs

Also post if you have received any bonus seeds and what they are. Free is exciting.:weee:weee:weee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Also post if you have received any bonus seeds and what they are. Free is exciting.:weee:weee:weee

cotton? huh...

the small tomato may likely get spread around easily by birds if they'll eat it.

free can be fun. :) you remember the saying "the first one is free"... :)

my experience with free from seed company was for a bean order i made years ago and they sent a package of seeds which had both green and wax beans marked as experimental.

the wax beans looked and produced about the same as the ones i've been growing all along (Top Notch) and if they've persisted in my seeds it is because they sorted in with the others.

the green beans were a slender and prolific bean, but they're not easily self seeding and hard to shell (being narrow and long seeds and the husk doesn't come apart easily). last year i tried to get more seeds to continue the line, but it was not a very good year for many beans and i didn't get many back at all. i'm not even going to bother growing them any more as i'm not particularly after white beans anyways.

Latest posts