Borrowing Stuff You Don't Use Often

Chickie2378

Leafing Out
Reaction score
:lol:

I lived in PA for about 8 years. You couldn't put the tip of a shovel in the ground without hitting a rock, no wait, BOULDER.

alot of rock walls in PA :weight

I shifted many mini boulders with Dad.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie2378 said:
way to go!!

that is a good trade. ya know 'decorative' rocks are expensive...especially for what they are....rocks. :)

it is unbelievable what you can get in return for your skills etc.

Is this a decorative pond in your yard? With fish etc.?
more decorative with the pond. some koi fish i have still in the house since i haven't been able to get the hole dug to put the liner in. too many 'big' rocks under the ground that hinder the progress so next spring i am planning on making it a raised pond around the edges so i can sit beside it. :p it will be a 10X10' when it is finished. we have lots of 'rock farms' in our area! :lol:

eta: sorry to sort of hijack the threat OldGuy! :lol:

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
one of the local Home Depots does have a tool rental section which i have been grateful for! we had to rent a tool to tear up some asphalt that the previous owners put under the deck by the basement door. it used to cause any water melted from the snow in the late winter/early spring to pool up and then it backs up into the basement. :(

lighthawk

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't mind renting equipment but I refuse to borrow tools or anything machine driven from friends or neighbors. Seems every time I do the *%#! thing breaks and I am responsible to either fix or replace it. So if I am going to have to buy a new one I buy it for myself rather than buying it for the neighbor and winding up with a piece of junk that I can't use.
Rented equipment that breaks down is their problem not mine. :old

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm with lighthawk on this one......I will NEVER borrow anything mechanical from a friend/neighbor......first of all, I'm about as mechanical as a bag of marshmallows....:p.... and second of all.....I can just touch the thing and for some reason it won't start...or something falls off from it.... it catches on fire.....just tons of stuff. If I don't own whatever I need....I will rent it as well.....:) I think the renting for a day thing is GREAT!!!! I should rent out my sheep as lawn mowers....:lol: Nice thread!!!! Rusty

Latest posts