Brugmansia cuttings Giveaway

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem said:
Everyone getting a cutting should start a thread about it so everyone can share the travels and success of each plant in each state! :D
Good idea, that will make for a fun thread. :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oooooo, I'm so excited, I think I'll be putting mine in a large container, so I can tweak the best conditions for it. I'd like to put it on the patio by a window so the fragrance will drift in the house.
So a Brugmansia is not a Datura? ???

I'm sure I'll be picking your brain about the culture MB. Thanks again!

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Brugs are angels, daturas are devils. (Angel's trumpets and Devil's trumpets) It is said, that the Angels look down from the skies, (hence the downward bloom) and that the Devils look towards the heavens, and you have the upward facing bloom. They are both related very closely, and some are even trying to cross, looking for that ever elusive 'Blue brugmansia.' That is the very reason my two trumpets in avatar are blue! :happy_flower

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh I'm in Colorado I guess I should put that in the huh. I have an aussie heeler dog, he's my "child" I guess :hugs

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Never heard of it, you'll have to tell more. What are they, a working breed?
Oh, and I'll start your cuttings this morning too Aussie.

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
OK, as promised, here's the cuttings. I want to also post not only for you, but so I can keep a kind of journal on their growth and progress. Note the Creamy Peach are in soil mix. This is because they are already rooted pieces, I just yanked from bed and repotted. Those in perlite are sitting in un-milled sphagnum, rootone tipped on both ends, and dipped/foliar fed in Superthrive mix. I'll keep this thread posted with new pics as they grow along. :thumbsup
8012_dscn0151.jpg

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh how exciting :)
Aussie Heelers are a cow dog bred in Austrailia that has a dingo influence. We have cows and had planned to train him to work out cows... but it turns out that he'd rather chase cats and stay outside the hotwire fence.
This is my "Pirate" he's three years old this last March.
6809_006.jpg

Latest posts