bugs and eggs on snow peas

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So... what's the appropriate way to deal with these little grayish flat bugs that lay eggs on my plants? I spent an hour scrubbing snow peas by hand this morning!

These are the same things that got in the collards, and I'm afraid I did not do a good fall cleanup last year so I've probably overwintered a giant population of them.

After a quick search... I think they are squash bugs. This seems to match: http://www.vegedge.umn.edu/vegpest/cucs/squabug.htm

I'm not opposed to a little chemical intervention, but it's hard to actually *get* them because they're on the undersides of the leaves.

-Wendy

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Weird the squash bugs are out in mass so early and on peas?!

Usually I spray the heck out of them with a mix of water, garlic and dawn soap. However, hand squishing works best!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wondering if they are stink bugs, which your article says are sometimes confused with squash bugs, but stink bugs like peas. Regardless, they are a problem. If they hide under a board at night, perhaps you could attack them first thing in the morning with some Sevin. Wake 'em up with a treat! :D

Latest posts