Burlap!?

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Have you considered this stuff?

61RH2WLdQSL._SY300_.jpg

It's latch hook canvas. The weave is a bit more open than burlap, so it might not work for your purpose. :idunno

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks OldGuy, it may be a little too open for lining some baskets that will have plants in it. It looks nice for decoration though.

I bought the regular industrial stuff, and some of the lime green since that's what my front door is painted. I've been matching pots and planters with lime green and teal. Love that color combo!!! :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was in Hancock today and was amazed a the color choices and PRINTS that are out in Burlap. Seems it is all the rage in decorating, too!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I want the bags the beans came in. I bet they smell wonderful. when I saw this topic 'burlap' I was excited. I don't know what it is about burlap, but I love the stuff. it's kinda like a little piece of the past that is still functioning.

Mapdoctor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
If you need a lot of it, Uline sells large rolls of burlap. No special colors, just brown.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
bj taylor said:
I want the bags the beans came in. I bet they smell wonderful. when I saw this topic 'burlap' I was excited. I don't know what it is about burlap, but I love the stuff. it's kinda like a little piece of the past that is still functioning.
I have one from somewhere. Don't remember where it came from, but it still smells like coffee beans well after 10 years or more.

I have seen a "gardening in burlap" show on PBS. They filled sacks with soil and a center of gravel and planted them with veggies on unused city lots. Looked pretty interesting -- a lot like gardening in straw bales.

Latest posts