Burning Softwoods

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it might ...

If we look at those old plans for 19th century British greenhouses, there are some with solid brick north walls. Within the walls are flues and a furnace is somewhere, I've forgotten where ...

The idea is to vent the chimney through the wall and that north wall would heat the glass house. I seem to remember that they were quite narrow.

Anyway, the furnace duct work or just one wall of the furnace room could be on the northside of that wall. It would take a little thinking about it to know how to control the temperature in that greenhouse.

You do not want it too warm; the winter sunlight will only allow so much growth so you don't want your plants stretching all over the place looking for what they think is bright sunshine warming things up for them :).

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee @Nyboy you could get lost in a house that big! :lol:

Hey! It's cold in your neck of the woods this weekend! Are you going to BONFIRE??? Get the marshmallows!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, don't quite have a bonfire here but do have the wood stove going! nice and cozy. cats both curled up in their favorite chair close to the stove. dh and i in an extra layer while getting dinner ready at the other end of the house.

Latest posts