By the by ~ have you noticed the price of Vanilla

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
SOOOO glad I read this! I was thinking of throwing out my old vanilla, but now I will use it up. I have plenty to bake with this season. Where can I buy vanilla beans? Strike that, I went to "beanilla". What is the recipe for vanilla infusion?

misfitmorgan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Beanilla seems pretty pricey honestly. Grade B is usually for extracts and you can get 10 beans of several varieties including tahiti and plani for $12-20. You can get get 25 beans for about $40. Beanilla for regular grade B bourbon vanilla(which is worth less) 10 beans for $33.45 and 25 beans for $74.75. Maybe I'm just cheap but no no no that almost double the price for a cheaper product.

misfitmorgan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I agree, pretty pricey. I will check at our local Meijer, who carry more international products HERE bc of the University of Illinois very large international student population, to see what they carry and for what$.

Good idea ours has an entire isle with foreign food stuff and about anything you want is in it. You might also check by the spices/herbs. Ours has 2 bean by McCormick for 9.99 or 1 bean by spice island for 6.69. I think the cheapest will probly be found in bulk online but if you are only after a small batch of vanilla getting them locally doesnt seem unreasonable.

Latest posts