By the hand, let's bring them here...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I use this new system like the old one. I went through every page/post and just clicked on it. It cleared them and the plant before the forum would go away. Now when I see the plant again, I know I have a new post. I like this soooo much better than using the alerts or marking all of them as read. I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss any current ones by marking them all as read at once.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975, what I did shortly after finding the new site, was to mark all posts as read. Now all I have to do is click on new posts near the top of the page and I see only those posts I haven't already read. That's much the same as I did in the old version.

I find that quick and easy for me to get in and out if I am in a hurry. Any new posts that I don't get read in one visit are still there waiting for me the next time I click new posts.

That's 'New Posts' not 'Recent Posts' in the white line not in the green line at the top.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found the button to "mark forums read" which clears them ALL simultaneously, but could not find one to clear each subforum individually. I just went ahead and cleared them all and started fresh. I found that annoying too, Mary! Since I usually make it on here daily, I knew there couldn't be any more than maybe 20 or so threads unread by me, but it was showing all of them, all the way back as unread. Now it is nice being able to just click the blue dot and it takes you right to the last unread post for that thread. I wouldn't have soon noticed that blue dot if you hadn't brought it up!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
hmmm...

I just kinda do the surf around method :p

I think that I usually get most all I haven't read this way

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just stumbled across something... While viewing a post within a particular sub-forum (Fruits and Vegetables, in this instance), if you then click the "Mark Forums Read" tab in the upper left hand corner of your screen (under the word "Forums"), you'll have a little box pop up that will ask you to specify whether you want to just mark it read for that particular sub-forum, or if you want to mark all the forums read. What a sneaky place to put that. I tried it in several different sub-forums and it works each time.

screen4.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
We'll be getting some PHD's in TEG/ology!

So far we have a good number who are CERTIFIED OPERATORS of TEG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I knew with this conversion that there were probably several ways of doing things and some ways faster than others. I just took the good old fashion way and did it the slow way. I liked that it forced me to use this new system and not to fear it so much. It's silly but I really liked those little red tomatoes but now realized they were just replaced by the plant. Once I get braver, I may start exploring a little more. But for now I'm very happy! :)Ok, still miss the old happy and ginning smilies.

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, why don't you try starting a PM CONVERSATION with CaneSisters, and ask her to send you a step by which button to push step instructions how to get the smileys she has, and how to use them.

Yea. That'd be cool! You can do it!

Then you can tell me how to do it!

:p

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, does she have the old fashioned ones? They just seem nicer to me and not as creepy as that green grinning one. lol I also missed that multi-colored flashing sun. :( (creepy looking guy!)

Mary

Latest posts