California's Storm

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since the gif will update and someone looking at this in a few days might wonder "what California storm?" I decided to put in a small but current satellite picture which actually show this thing right about now!

If you click the picture --- you will see the animated loop of what's going on off the California coast. Woo Weee! I was wondering what all the hype was about on the teevee . . . the loop will be updated by the Weather Service. Considering California's drought, I don't know whether to hope that the satellite shows sunny weather in a few days or more clouds . . .

Get ready - this storm will sweep right across the US! Locally, up here - the WS is now saying that after our weekend there will be "significant snow!" That's after Saturday & Sunday mornings with single . .

. digitS', temperatures.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are talking about a potential ice storm with 1/4" of ice. That's where power outages start. But it's early for us and subject to change. I'll crank the generator tomorrow just so it's used to starting, just in case.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am very happy for California, getting rain. I bet they would rather not get it all at one time though.

More snow and ice for my TEG friends. Will winter ever end? Monday we'll dip down in the low 30's, but we won't be snow and ice covered.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay', I once started my garden cultivation today, 28 February. It was the earliest, ever.

There had been a very dry winter. It was about 20 years ago. That may have been the year when I got all my cultivation finished and then we had about 3 weeks of rain and I, more or less, had to start all over again!

Anyway, it will be awhile before I can show up out there with my spading fork.

Steve
PS: I think the "eye" of that storm is coming in just about due west of Marshall!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, we're getting drizzly rain here. I had forgotten that it rains all winter here, after 3 years of drought. More rain coming next week too.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea, from that short clip looks like the eye of that thing will be close to here or maybe just south,

See the prevailing winds in Oregon? backward, east to westward.

My uncle Matt, born 19 double00, used to talk about the time east to west winds happened in montana. Said he saw a star between the horns of the moon when it happened. Saw it appear and disappear.

We are maybe half way out of the drought now.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if we will be any slower to complain about the hot weather this summer, now that we have had the "worst winter in history" I'm betting I will be complaining loudly again, come July.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Anything that interferes with good growing conditions should be roundly condemned!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of my customers said he heard 10 inches of rain in one day for California. I am hoping he was exaggerating. This falls into the category- it never rains, but pours! Hoping no ones house slides down the mountain...It doesn't look like that storm is going to dump anything on us. But, I am sure that is subject to change!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That might be the maximum expected out of the storm somewhere, Lesa. It is a big state. Just looking at the 24hr totals. LA has had 1.78 inches. The hillsides that burned over last summer are the places to watch.

Marshall may be feeling cheated so far but that radar map is so dynamic!

Steve

Latest posts