Can I Freeze Dandelions ?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Attempts at comedy are best left to professionals......I keep telling sis that and she doesn't listen......

I missed the sarcasm/joke/harpoon...... shame on me. You got me...

It's @thistlebloom & @majorcatfish fault as they got me all stirred up.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the only good weed grows in the back 40 is violets/forget me not. no dandelions this year..boo hoo

the only thing thats going to get frozen around here is @seedcorn , mom said be nice to him since hes my 1/8 step brother.. but since she left on her world cruise, been studying up on cryogenic freezing. remember last time you came over?
DSC_0001.JPG

would be careful next visit you're not coming out......sis and i will split your part of the inheritance........:ya

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I'm 1 of 8 step brothers...... there won't be any inheritance after Mom goes on her extended vaca/cruises....... what will I do? Oh, what will I do? Here I was counting on that money to live the life I wanted to become adjusted to.....

Hey, bro, you want some dandelion weed seeds? I think I can get you a few hundred pounds on neighbors field....

Last time, you left @ninnymary & I in airport. Food she brought was G O O D......

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I'm 1 of 8 step brothers...... there won't be any inheritance after Mom goes on her extended vaca/cruises....... what will I do? Oh, what will I do? Here I was counting on that money to live the life I wanted to become adjusted to.....

Hey, bro, you want some dandelion weed seeds? I think I can get you a few hundred pounds on neighbors field....

Last time, you left @ninnymary & I in airport. Food she brought was G O O D......
:lol:

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Nyboy ???? Who is Harvey?????? My Alice likes frozen grape leaves.. They work well after being frozen.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy! My darling boys favorite bit of fun is blowing dandelion seeds into the wind. I must grit my teeth so as to allow them that childhood joy. My daylily beds by now have the deepest most beautiful soil after years of mulching them with leaves and providing them with manure and fertilizer. The dandelions get embedded in the soil and grow HUGE! I have been spending the last week or so trying to dig them out. I have a spear head shovel, the best ever by the way, and I can dig out the taproot in most cases. I have fed them to may horse taproot and all. When I call him and he sees me with weeds he comes right over and munches away. He also loves chick weed when I hand it to him. He does not seem to forage it for himself, weirdly enough.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy, now that your mulberry trees have leaves again, I wanted to let you know I dried a box of them last fall for Harvey. Lost track of the box and didn't get them shipped. What I tried -- letting the leaves soak overnight in water -- seemed to make them look almost like off the tree fresh just as I'd hoped. I should'a kept better track of stuff.

Latest posts