Can you identify this bug

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I put JB pheromone traps upwind of my garden I was shocked by how many accumulated in the bag. I noticed that the following year there was much less pressure and less in the bags. And the year after that I forgot to put them out.

they recommend placing the traps a distance away from the gardens to avoid attracting them to your plantings, but that generally won't work here in almost all places because the entire front part of the property (on the west side of the big drainage ditch) is gardens. they also recommend emptying those traps each day. i wonder if i could put a few of those traps in the front SW corner by the large white pine tree. hmm... will have to think about this...

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
they recommend placing the traps a distance away from the gardens to avoid attracting them to your plantings, but that generally won't work here in almost all places because the entire front part of the property (on the west side of the big drainage ditch) is gardens. they also recommend emptying those traps each day. i wonder if i could put a few of those traps in the front SW corner by the large white pine tree. hmm... will have to think about this...
Bugs smell the wind like a dog. Put the trap downwind before they get to the area.