Cane Have You made Butter Yet ?

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I make butter often.....It's wonderful....I keep bacon and will be doing that on Christmas Day since I have no family but hubby.....It warms our heart to do it together.... LOL

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I apologize but in Midwest in AG "making bacon" takes on a different meaning...... best did with a spouse....... sorry, now back to the original programming...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
12.18 baking.jpg YES!!! A friend came over to give me pointers and to help me figure out what I was doing wrong with my bread making. (turns out that it doesn't matter what I was doing wrong.. I'm doing it her way from now on... LOOK at all that wonderful bread!!!)
That little bowl with a strainer sitting in it was fresh made butter for taste testing that sliced loaf of bread. It was WONDERFUL! I'm still figuring out the process. But Eva gives about an inch of cream with each quart of milk - that was the cream from one quart and made an almost half-a-stick sized heap of butter. I've got 8 or 9 quarts of milk sitting in the fridge right now and I plan to skim the cream tonight to save for making a small tub of fresh butter for Christmas day dinner.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So what are you going to do with all your milk?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far, I've been baking with it - and drinking it, of course.
I think that there is going to be a great big pot of sausage gravy for Christmas Eve dinner...:drool And if I can get a good recipe for biscuits... all the better!

Latest posts