Cat issues

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure how well they work, but there are several different repellents made for cats. You might want to try spraying yard with a few different ones, and see which work the best.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
If room is not a problem, you might want to make a sandy bathroom for them. Put decorative pots and flowers on part of the space and be prepared to clean the space regularly. That might keep the buggers from you blueberries. And, remember the chestnut hulls to encourage them to look elsewhere.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, I may have some room, but I am not going to cater to any ferral cats' bathroom habits, no way, no how, not in this lifetime. I WILL trap them eventually, then allow the bleeding heart rescue group to pay for their care and spay / neuther. I haven't seen a chestnut tree, much less their hulls anywhere on the west coast.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bleeding hearts don't pay for anything. It's tax payers that do.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought I had a 'cat problem' in the iris bed and the bulb garden. I had seen the barn cat doing his thing in them. But since I only mess with them once a year or so, I decided that I didn't have the energy to get bothered with it. Although... that cat seemed to be really doing a job on them...
Then this weekend I see the old, blind, pitiful, can hardly make it across the room on his own dog skipping from one bed to the other digging up the tootsie rolls and eating them with great enthusiasm
eek7[1].gif

'splains the unusual amount of damage I guess....

Latest posts