Catalogs, 2022

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
what that likely really meant was that the shipping label and pulling slip were printed or e-mailed at that time and not when the order actually went out the door... like many things words and meanings can have some wiggle room.

that said, glad you got a quick reply. :)

Yup! I'd be surprised if it actually (physically) goes out before Monday. It's nice to know they're on it though. :)

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, a new year. I only get a few catalogs now (probably because I seldom order seed) but just received the only catalog which matters to me:
20230131_160645.jpg

Early this year; and obviously it arrived earlier elsewhere, since it was accompanied by 3 seed requests. This is the trigger that starts my garden planning, since I can look to see which seeds of mine are being offered by others, look for members dropping out, and decide what is in most need of preservation. It also gives me a chance to review any Yearbook errata in regard to my listings (such as things somehow omitted from the book :rolleyes:).

Still going through the book, the process takes a few days... but thus far, it appears I am still the only source for 25-30% of what I grow. :( Which given the events of the past year, I find alarming. Perhaps half of that 25-30% is backed up by SSE or other sources; but because some of the rest don't meet SSE's Accessions Policy, there are no backups should I be unable to offer them. That is especially true for some of the soybeans I grow, obtained during a period when the USDA was more flexible than they are now, when they would sometimes accommodate trials & repatriations from serious amateur gardeners.

Latest posts