CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's gonna be a while before I can get back in the garden without sinking to my ankles. We got a lot of rain overnight and this morning.

My favorite daughter in law is coming over tomorrow evening so I can show her how to air-layer MM111 root stocks. My son told me she's is getting into learning about grafting. So I just about got her hooked ๐Ÿ˜. It's like the blind leading the blind but we have fun and learn together ๐Ÿ‘

Jesus is Lord and Christ ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I showed my daughter in law how to air-layer by doing the first one as a demonstration. Then I sat back on a bucket (I don't have a fancy grant) and answered questions while she air-layered the rest. When she ran out of rooting balls she asked me I I had any more? I sent her home with a fedco catalog ๐Ÿ˜‚
IMG_20230517_181906971~3.jpg

Last edited:

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good day everyone, may the good news of the gospel of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, fill your heart, mind and soul. ๐Ÿ™

Yesterday I built a rose bed for Farmbabe, a late mother's day gift from me to her. She likes it, so that's good ๐Ÿ˜˜
IMG_20230521_140549633.jpg

Here's another picture of cleft grafted apple tree, that the parafilm fell off of. It's a golden delicious scion grafted onto MM111 root stock. Interesting, huge rootstock, small scionwood ๐Ÿ‘†
IMG_20230521_134352645~2.jpg

I pray you have a blessed day. Days in earth sure go by fast. Try and make the most of each day, by doing what is good. โ™ฅ๏ธ

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This evening Farmbabe walked by me with a pair of scissors, while I was watching cow TV sitting in a lawn chair. Since we don't have TV, watching cow TV is what I like to do after supper. Each episode is pretty much like the last episode. And according to my granddaughter "cow TV is B O R I N G - all they do is eat grass" ๐Ÿ˜‚ Exactly! Just my speed, no drama, just grass eating all the time. it's so relaxing to watch after supper.

Anyways... Farmbabe proceeded to the garlic patch and came out with a bunch of long scapes. Walked by me and stuck her tongue out at me as she passed โ™ฅ๏ธ. Now she making garlic scape butter and cutting some up and putting them in ziplock baggies. But her running scapes through the food processor, is making my nose run. It's most definitely a deep cleaning of the ole sinus cavities.

But the butter is so delicious, I'll happily put up with runny nose for a while for the scape butter. The smell in the house tells me soon it'll be summer. I'll probably be dreaming of eating a big ole plate of pasta with garlic bread tonight.

I hope you had a blessed day ๐Ÿ‘

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Time flies, our time in planet earth is short. So try and enjoy another day in earth by doing what is good. Before you know it, it'll be evening and the day will draw to a close.

Yesterday I tilled the garden again. Waiting for an overcast day to set out three rows of tomatoes. But I may sow some rows of sweet corn and or green beans later this afternoon.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This evening Farmbabe walked by me with a pair of scissors, while I was watching cow TV sitting in a lawn chair. Since we don't have TV, watching cow TV is what I like to do after supper. Each episode is pretty much like the last episode. And according to my granddaughter "cow TV is B O R I N G - all they do is eat grass" ๐Ÿ˜‚ Exactly! Just my speed, no drama, just grass eating all the time. it's so relaxing to watch after supper.

Anyways... Farmbabe proceeded to the garlic patch and came out with a bunch of long scapes. Walked by me and stuck her tongue out at me as she passed โ™ฅ๏ธ. Now she making garlic scape butter and cutting some up and putting them in ziplock baggies. But her running scapes through the food processor, is making my nose run. It's most definitely a deep cleaning of the ole sinus cavities.

But the butter is so delicious, I'll happily put up with runny nose for a while for the scape butter. The smell in the house tells me soon it'll be summer. I'll probably be dreaming of eating a big ole plate of pasta with garlic bread tonight.

I hope you had a blessed day ๐Ÿ‘

We don't watch TV, except a movie at night now and then. There are so many better things to do! I like your cow TV! We watch sailboat TV a lot!

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We don't watch TV, except a movie at night now and then. There are so many better things to do! I like your cow TV! We watch sailboat TV a lot!
Well well another person who doesn't watch TV. ๐Ÿ‘

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well well another person who doesn't watch TV. ๐Ÿ‘

i don't watch much commercial tv but once in a while something on PBS will catch me (one of the science or nature shows or a music history something or documentary). more often i'm watching videos on websites/online, but rarely do i watch movies or news (i prefer to read), i do like some music videos here or there. again i'm more often going looking for documentaries or science/geeky types of things i am interested in learning more about, sometimes history shows. but pretty much things have to be without commercials as once a show gets interrupted there's a good chance i'm done with it. commercials at the end are ok as i can skip those.

here Mom watches her shows each night on DVD. i might hear them in passing and be able to understand what is generally happening but i don't pay full attention to them. if i need full concentration for a project i have ear muffs i put on and close my door to my room so i can concentrate without being distracted.

Latest posts