CC's Fruits, Veggies & Food 2023

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't get to sow any beans or sweet corn this evening but I weed whacked the garden fence row and pulled some lambs quarter weeds out of the lettuce, carrots, beets and spinach I sowed back in March.

The spinach has started to bolt so I guess I'll study up on how to collect spinach seeds to resow late summer / early fall. Farmbabe put up plenty of spinach this past late winter, so I'm not conserned with it bolting.

Another day has come and went. I hope your day was a blessed one 👆. I showed my youngest granddaughter how to use the leaf blower, after weed wacked the sidewalks. She got a big kick out of that, it was her first time using a leaf blower ♥️

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Farmbabe got a new book. She read a little bit of it to me. "It's not economical to go to bed early to save candles, if the results are twins" 😂
IMG_20230522_172056003.jpg

P.S. Farmbabe doesn't watch TV either 👍

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Been standing there all by itself for 15 minutes 🤯. If only it would sweep the floor all by itself 😂

IMG_20230524_110500768.jpg

IMG_20230524_111055524.jpg

Edit... It fell over after 21 minutes.

Edit Edit... I stood it back up, been standing all by itself going on 4 hours now. I was gonna sweep the floor but this is way cooler 😂

Last edited:

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I want one of those bots that sweep up after you sooooo bad. We are all outdoor creatures, and forever going outside to do something. All that in-out results in tons of dust and debris following us all in. We have practical rules like take your shoes off at the door, but invariable the kids come in looking like a bog monster with twigs, leaves and pine shavings trailing along behind them.

Yet my son still insists an annual shower is just fine, and I'm being excessive by wanting him to shower more. >_>

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I ran across this internet picture, figured I would share it with you all. zoom in and read there's some good knowledge in the picture.
View attachment 57526

I don't think I've ever seen a real, live chicken (up close at least) but I've always been shocked by the small spaces they seem to be kept in when people post photos of their coops. But the poster says 2-4 square feet per hen, I guess they aren't very big birds? Maybe they like the close quarters and being next to their friends?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
They lie! My coop was advertised as one for 15 birds. I Guess 15 partridges!
It holds only 12 adult chickens.
If you cram too many of them in, they fight and enough will die until they all have adequate roosting space.
This is for birds that have a run.

farmerjan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I haven't had a TV hooked up in nearly 20 years. I miss noontime news while packing milk samples for my job...
watching the large TV sized weather maps... a few of the old programs.... but not enough to get it hooked up. I use the computer for most things like that. Watch DVD movies on the larger TV screen...
Evenings are for garden work, since I don't do good out in the heat/sun during the day, or mowing or doing farm stuff like finishing up making hay and stuff. And for canning or freezing stuff so the house doesn't get to a million degrees...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I will NOT virtue signal. I pay for DISH, so I watch, just not all day.
I am a Weather Nation junkie. The Weather Channel started treating their weather like a news program and added so many other shows that It's hard to get a forecast, whereas, Weather Nation's only sin is that they LOVE to show shots from Colorado, where they broadcast. DH enjoys the mountain photos and videos.
I DVR a lot of stuff that sits until I have the time to watch.
DH and I just watched an excellent piece on National Geographic, "A Small Light," about the woman that cared for Anne Frank, her family and a total of 8 jews in an Amsterdam attic.
I am hoping this miniseries gets some recognition.

Latest posts