changes in Latitude, changes in Attitude

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Costa Rica Art said:
. . . Maybe they'll even try gardening. . . . :old
Wouldn't that be nice!

DS supposedly did some gardening but I never saw it & he was reluctant to talk about it afterwards . . . He's been off on his own for nearly 30 years so I haven't always been able to keep track of him well :rolleyes:.

DD had her 1st garden last year. After most of the initial planting died (or, was uprooted by her neighbor's cat :/), things did well. I don't know that she got or did much with most of it but she was very proud of her tomato plant. Now, she is convinced that it is a very special variety . . . just for her :p.

Steve

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
All I can tell you is when ever I travel, near or far. I love it! I love driving back country roads looking at barns and old churches, lakes and streams, seeing what other people have in their back yards. And I love taking a trip. There is excitement in going some place that you have never been or have been and liked it so much you wanted to go back. A change in Latitude always gives me a good Attitude! :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with most of you on enjoying long drives. Now, that we're empty nesters, we like to go out for breakfast and then take the scenic route home. Of course, I'm looking at the yards with their gardens and seeing what kind of plants they have. On long country drives, I love to look to see if anyone has any junk they might have in their yards and not want. I'm prepared to ask my husband to stop so I can go ask if they want to get rid of it! He thinks I'm crazy and will get shot if I do that! :lol:

Steve, I think these drives have something to do with our age. I think most of our kids will probably do the same when they're our age.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Mary, there seems to be some of us who benefit more from dark glasses to shield our eyes from glare .

. . when we are out and about.

Then, there are some of us who will drive home in the dark.

Another group that won't.

Steve
"Hey kid! Get off my lawn!"

kid1.jpg

You talkin' to me?!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ninnymary, I will be in your neck of the woods very soon! Flying out on November 16th hopefully to meet our new grandson. :weee

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congradulations Stubbornhill! I would love to meet you. It is a rare occasion when we can meet each other. I will send you a pm.

Mary