Checkin' in :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good to hear that your dads tomatoes germinated. I imagine there is a bond that you'd like to keep thriving in something living handed down from him.

Hang in there with your dog, you must be learning a lot of training tricks!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's so good to hear from you. Your life has been going 90 MPH and it sounds like it has slowed down a little. Smart idea to scale back on the garden and also smart to just plant starts. With all that you have on your plate, you have to pick and choose where your time goes.

it's great that your Dad wants to go morel hunting with you. That will be very special, be sure you take pictures, they will mean a lot to you.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are the kids to much for him if he spends the weekend with you? I know that kids are for many older grandparents. Their noise and energy is just too much for them.

Mary

Oh my, yes. My dad has lived alone for the last 25 years. He likes his peace and quiet. That is one thing I keep turning over in my head. When it does come time that he needs more care, I would have liked to bring him out here (could turn the playroom back into a bedroom), but my house is small and being an old farmhouse the floors creak, and the girls' room is right over the playroom. I don't think he could bear the noise. Will probably be better to hire help and keep him in his own home as long as possible. It's hard to find trust-worthy help though.

@Nyboy , I will try that! Thanks!

Latest posts