Cherokee is as tall as me!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Realistic Ralph? As an adult, I always figured it was my responsibility to gauge my surroundings and be aware of foreseeable problems that are in my control. Most of the time when I spoke to a student it was out of concern that someone could get hurt with the troublesome behavior, not because the student was 'breaking' a school rule.

I really do enjoy the photos of Cherokee and probably wouldn't have thought as bobm did, but then I also would expect @rebbetzin, as an intelligent adult, to train and socialize Cherokee properly so bobm's scenario wouldn't happen with Cherokee.

A one year old dog of any breed should know it's not proper to jump on people without an invitation. The owners of (bobm's) great Dane were at fault, not the dog.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ewwwww ... dog cooties ! Also, that little trick may be cute now, but what happens when the pooch tries that trick on some little kid and hurts or traumatizes the kid ?

Hmmm, I have never had him jump up on anyone. I had to "pose" him for those photos. He is not a "jump up" kind of fellow.

Pyrenees are rather reserved when meeting strangers. Or even people they know, he is not overtly affectionate. He just stands still around little kids. There is no reason to jump up when you are already "eye to eye" with a little person.

He is not a big "kisser" either, that was the reason for the cookie in my mouth. His idea of a "kiss" it to touch his nose/lips to your face. And that is very seldom.
He probably thinks "Eww people lips!":sick

I can understand being careful of big dogs and the possibility of them hurting people. I want to use Cherokee as a Therapy Dog when he is older. So... that means he has to be a "good citizen" and not an unruly mischief maker.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most around here are "working" dogs and not friendly.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great looking pet,happy to hear you will use him as a therapy dog. Pyrenees and Anatolins need to have a purpose in life to be happier pets.

Latest posts