Chicken proofing your garden?

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I also clipped the flight feathers on one wing to keep them from going OVER my fences. :p

M.sue

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was just asking myself this question. I really hate to have to put a fence up but those fluff balls love to go in there. I really don't mind for we always seem to plant way to much :tools I always joke that we could open up a roadside stand. It's my DH who it seems to bother.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
jhook1997 said:
How do ya'll protect your gardens from free-ranging chickens? I need a cost effective way to do it now b/c they are already making a mess of it and there's nothing planted yet!:barnie Help
We used a big old stack of old cattle panels that DH had behind the barn. Then, we stepped back and proudly surveyed our hard work, and a chicken walked right thru the fence. So, we wired chicken mesh to the inside of the cattle panels and I've had ONE chicken ever fly over since then. The cattle panels are attached to t-posts, and DH takes them down every fall to facilitate snow removal, and we just wire them right back up to the t-posts when we're ready to plant.

Latest posts