DSC_0756.JPG
DSC_0757.JPG
DSC_0758.JPG
DSC_0761.JPG
DSC_0763.JPG

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Kassaundra - Do you have a hen that sat on the eggs to hatch these? I can't for the life of me get a broody hen these days.

I've sent two hens through the broody buster already this spring and have a hen on eggs that should hatch Monday. I've been specifically breeding for broody hens for a few years and I seem to have that part of breeding chickens down pat. There have been times I had so many broody hens I had trouble collecting enough eggs to put under one. Be careful what you ask for.

Kaussandra I see you are continuing the naked trend. I like that red NN myself. And just from the attitude of that last yellow chick, I bet it is a male. it just has that look.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've sent two hens through the broody buster already this spring and have a hen on eggs that should hatch Monday. I've been specifically breeding for broody hens for a few years and I seem to have that part of breeding chickens down pat. There have been times I had so many broody hens I had trouble collecting enough eggs to put under one. Be careful what you ask for.

Kaussandra I see you are continuing the naked trend. I like that red NN myself. And just from the attitude of that last yellow chick, I bet it is a male. it just has that look.
That last one does have spunk, he was near death and just wouldn't give up. But the first two beat anything I've ever seen. They were trying to get out of the bator while they were still wet. I am thinking of naming those two James and John or Jamie and Jonnie (sons or daughters of Boanerges (thunder)

Latest posts