chopsticks (#@!$%^&)

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
the video loaded on the desktop at my work...wonder if it's some settings on your tablet, Digits.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry that it doesn't work for you digits. The vid. It was the best I could find that helped me explain it.
The main thing is....only the top stick moves. The point is used with the bottom sticks point to make like a tweezer action. The bottom stick never moves.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I figured out how to hold them right, and was doing pretty good at only moving the top one... but everytime I got a hold of something the ends would cross and flip it back into the bowl. The scoop&slurp method got the job done. :)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time in Japan when I was a Seabee so they're almost second nature to me. I use the Japanese style. Japanese chopsticks have sharp ends and Chinese flat ends. Most beginners find the Chinese style easier to learn.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OMG hoodat!!..i can't believe that you just mentioned Seabee!! My dad was a WW2 bee, on some ship with a (?) Norwegian name...that got torpedoed in Subic Bay...I think. Anyhoo....he is 88 now....and wouldn't touch rice forever..lol.
I was also a Seabee wife for 15 years. Ex was in NMCB 74, and NMCB 7.
I learned how to use chopsticks as a Navy wife. We lived in GTMO for 2 yrs, and I think I learned down there.

Latest posts