cinnamon basil

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of this? I heard a woman taking about it yesterday at a nursery and then I came across it today. It smells good and thought of getting it, but I am not sure what I would use it for. If anyone has any ideas I would probably plant some.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've never grown it, but know people use it as they would regular basil, and in tea. :)

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've seen it too but haven't used it. I imagine it would be good in Thai or Asian food?

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
or just to sniff as you walk through your garden.

countrygirl10

Leafing Out
Reaction score
:happy_flowerI have only grown it in my garden and it smells wonderful if you gently rub it. I use it in potpourries but I haven't been brave enough t cook with it yet, the thai suggestion is a good one and I will have to try it. Trudy
:rainbow-sun :watering :happy_flower :tools

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had some one summer and a friend was visiting with his Indonesian wife. She got very excited when she saw the cinnamon basil and said that's what they used in her country for cooking.

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted some last week and used it to make tomato sauce today.( I have tomatoes coming out of my ears) It came out wonderfully. Great smell and taste. It is growing very quickly and seems to like the weather here. I planted it next to two tomatillo plants and hope to make a green salsa with the cinnamon basil and tomatillos when they are ripe.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hi--I usually plant about 7 varieties of basil and use them ALL for pesto and fresh with tomatoes. It's fun to taste the different flavors from the different basils...

Latest posts