loudlaff[1].gif
sHa_hehe.gif

2lxwef8[1].gif
I think someone said that earlier.....

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
While very pretty ducks are kind of gross :hide

but they walk so funny! :) the other day out for a walk we noticed the neighbor's ducks playing in the ditch and as we got closer they waddled up towards the house. yellow ducks and pretty big, but perhaps that was just their winter feathers making them look so big. i don't really know much at all about ducks other than they eat snails and slugs and like to swim.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
While very pretty ducks are kind of gross :hide

That's why I kinda cringed when you said you were getting some. :eek:

They take a lot of work and you really have to like them a lot to keep up with all the cleaning, cleaning, cleaning of the premises, the water, the feeder, etc. They don't stay pretty if you don't keep up with it, so a person has to have some free time to devote to keeping pretty ducks pretty unless you have a pond and acreage wherein they can maintain their own prettiness, aka cleanliness. And it's not even summer yet....even harder in the summer months when the flies are rampant, water goes stagnant and smelly quickly, etc.

Without some running water or a deep water reservoir, I found it a challenge to keep them in a lifestyle that was more conducive to their natural habitat here on this land. We've had them before but that was when we had a small stream flowing nearby for their water needs...that was a breeze.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm sure something could be set up to dump out and give them fresh water every other day or so. you need to call the major...

if they have automagic doggie and kitty feeders they gotta have something that would work. :)

the ducks and chickens down the road are free range, but there aren't that many left of them. they stick around the house, probably get fed and some shelter there and maybe fixated on owners as flockmates? (dunno, just guessing here i have a few extra minutes lol)...

today's entertainment was free range deer running in the middle of the day. about a dozen of them, being chased by dogs. i've not seen that ever here. not sure if they were escaped doggies or actual hunting going on (i don't think there is hunting season now, but that may not matter to some around here), but they were pretty big dogs and had likely been running for a few miles.

a while later a singleton deer came by and stopped in the sun where i could get a look at it.

Latest posts