Cleaned Out Fridge

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I find while cleaning a lot of interesting things in a drawer for vegetables. Usually flowers bulbs or cuttings, about which I forgot like @Nyboy .
When I was very young and lived with my parents, my dad was an avid fisherman. He often went fishing in the winter. So he bought a live bloodworms. Dad wanted to keep him fishing in the refrigerator. But my mother was against , me too. Then Dad hid the bloodworms in the refrigerator, because the refrigerator was great.

Sometimes he took with him a part of the bloodworms, and the other often forgotten. When mom cleaning refrigerator, she always found it.
Well, she was unhappy, of course. Then my father decided to keep the bloodworms in a small bag in the the toilet tank .

One day a friend of mine came to visit me. She went to the toilet and when she came out, her face was green, and eyes round. I asked what had happened.
She replied that seems seriously ill. I looked into the toilet and saw a lot of small red worms that wriggled in the toilet. Dad's bag just untied.

I have not even found the strength to explain to a friend what happened. I just sat on the floor and laughing to tears. Then I told her, of course. At first, she wanted to strike me , but then she also laughed. She knew nothing about the bloodworms. She did not even know that it exists in nature. And even more so in the the toilet tank .

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
fridge.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find while cleaning a lot of interesting things in a drawer for vegetables. Usually flowers bulbs or cuttings, about which I forgot like @Nyboy .
When I was very young and lived with my parents, my dad was an avid fisherman. He often went fishing in the winter. So he bought a live bloodworms. Dad wanted to keep him fishing in the refrigerator. But my mother was against , me too. Then Dad hid the bloodworms in the refrigerator, because the refrigerator was great.

Sometimes he took with him a part of the bloodworms, and the other often forgotten. When mom cleaning refrigerator, she always found it.
Well, she was unhappy, of course. Then my father decided to keep the bloodworms in a small bag in the the toilet tank .

One day a friend of mine came to visit me. She went to the toilet and when she came out, her face was green, and eyes round. I asked what had happened.
She replied that seems seriously ill. I looked into the toilet and saw a lot of small red worms that wriggled in the toilet. Dad's bag just untied.

I have not even found the strength to explain to a friend what happened. I just sat on the floor and laughing to tears. Then I told her, of course. At first, she wanted to strike me , but then she also laughed. She knew nothing about the bloodworms. She did not even know that it exists in nature. And even more so in the the toilet tank .
So funny. :lol:

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
larisa if I saw any type of worm in toilet you would be picking me up from the floor. :thI just read about a man in India that had a 6 foot tapeworm.:sick

Well, to be honest, I also would not be jumping for joy. However, I am well studied biology at the school and I know many potentially dangerous parasites. Therefore, I can say that this "a man in India" - just lucky guy.
By the way, why in the theme "Flowers and roses?" Usually in the refrigerator can grow anything from the kingdom of fungi, if not cleaned for a long time. :D

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh, worms and fridges… I sold, for a brief period, live mealworms and when people asked me about storing them for their pets (I sold 250 worms at a time), I suggested keeping them in the fridge, as this would keep them dormant, but alive. The responses I got to that was interesting to say the least. One guy asked me "But won't they crawl all over the fridge and eat like…. the cheese and stuff??" :th I responded as politely as I could that the worms come in a special little container and should be kept in the container, in the fridge…

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I responded as politely as I could that the worms come in a special little container and should be kept in the container, in the fridge…

Behold! My dad told my mom the same thing. :D
In fact, it's true.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember when I worked for a vet, the looks he would get when he asked client for stool smaple and told them to refridrate it if not dropping right off.

Latest posts