Close call

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So, the other night the Heathen and I woke up at midnite and kept getting a whiff of smoke. shortly after, there was an orange glow in the windows. Apparently a hot bale caught on fire and the 6 haystacks, which held about 100 tons of hay each (enough to feed 4,000 cows though the winter) were in flames, which is just on the other side of the corral surrounded by our rock wall. It was a sleepless night as all the ranch hands fought to contain it to the stacks. It burned and smoldered for days, but it's finally more or less out.

View attachment 27648 View attachment 27649
View attachment 27650 View attachment 27651
Glad you are all okay.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Petey: i'm in Merlin, OR. We've been having terrible fires here. See this pic? The pen tip is my house. The next pic is from 3 days ago. I've been feeding the evacuees while keeping a close eye on stage 1, 2 and 3 evacs. Not hijacking your thread too much....
s76yUnu.jpg

7U3dCa2.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Petey: i'm in Merlin, OR. We've been having terrible fires here. See this pic? The pen tip is my house. The next pic is from 3 days ago. I've been feeding the evacuees while keeping a close eye on stage 1, 2 and 3 evacs. Not hijacking your thread too much....
s76yUnu.jpg

7U3dCa2.jpg

i'm glad you're able to help, but be safe too there ok? :)

Latest posts