C'mon in. The water's fine!

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love this sister site to BYC and I love that new folks are joining each and every day. When more folks join they begin posting, and we all learn more about our shared passion.

So, as I type, there are 7 members and 137 lurkers at this site. If even half of you lurkers would take the plunge, we could have one heck of a garden party here! :D So, C'mon in and join the fun!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of folks may be saying, "It's not gardening weather, yet!"

The Midwest is flooding, it's storming in the Southeast, here in the northern Rockies I woke up to 4" of snow this morning and a neighbor (just up the road) claims to have 13" on the ground!!

But, if you aren't planning for the growing season - you are planning to fail . . .

Steve

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You're probably right, Steve. BB and I have exceptional weather so we're lucky. Hey Shelly, what are you planting today? :lol: :cool:

But no kidding... Come on, folks! At least say hi! We aren't scary... :gig

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Lots of folks may be saying, "It's not gardening weather, yet!" . . .
But, if you aren't planning for the growing season - you are planning to fail . . .
Steve
That's right! Although Carri and I are blessed with year round gardening weather, I don't always grow year round. Some of my favorite parts of the season is when I listen to other gardeners and learn about what they love to grow and love to cook.

Now is the time for most of our gardeners to be pouring over garden catalogues, plotting the garden out, researching new items to grow, etc. In years past when I've failed to do that on time, I end up spending most of the summer waiting for things to ripen and my summer BBQ's are short some of my favorite home grown goodies.

Besides, we're fun people to hang out with!

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Carri said:
Hey Shelly, what are you planting today? :lol: :cool:
Hey Carri - Right now, the only things that I actually have growing are garlic and green onions. I have a German Queen tomato that survived the winter and I have plans to cut off branches and root it to create more plants. That has worked well for me in the past, so I think I'll continue that this year. I also have 6 tomato plants that D & S picked up for me at the Arboretum sale that I'm going to repot into bigger pots until my side yard is prepped. I think I need to give most of my raised beds a break from tomatoes this year.

I need to get over to the garden center to buy more flowers for one of my front yard containers.

What are you planting?

Carri

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I found my tomatoes!!!! :weee So I'm doing those, some foxglove, daisies... I forget what else. I also found a boot shaped container at Lowes. It was only $30 and it's HEAVY and BIG. :D

5azsisters

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Carri and all! To tell you the truth, I "forget" to come visit here and it's a shame because I always enjoy my visits! :love

What made me think to stop by today is I am very excited. :weee My strawberry patch is FULL of blossoms!!! Makes me very happy because it means spring is really coming and the fact that I have daffodils blooming EVERYWHERE!! :rainbow-sun The little yellow faces are just yelling, SPRING, SPRING, SPRING.

So greetings to all and summer fun is on the way.

Happy gardening everyone!
:watering

Jacie

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is actually my first visit, I just hadn't had the time to come over and explore, as yet! But, now that I have seen it, I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun. :)

Latest posts