Coffee

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on a healthy baby, he’s a BIG boy! You know who has his mark on this baby. Son in law’s family can say what they want, but you already know.
I went over to help DD today and DS came to pick me up and he was standing and watching me hold the baby while he was asleep and DS said, he has my mouth and I said when he opens his eyes, he has your eyes too. lol So far this is the only one where she has had real success with breastfeeding. He is so calm and happy compared the girls and really to DD and DS. She has been reading and had a lactation class and a home visit after he was born. It will be great if she can do this and not have to use formula, which with Izzy she made her own. Poor Evelyn was the experiment child and had several problems with formula.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
800px-Palouse_hills_northeast_of_Walla_Walla.jpg
Good Morning.

This is the view looking southwest from what is called Steptoe Butte.

If I was taking the photo and turned around the other way, to the northeast, my view would be into what we now think of as northern Idaho.

Steve

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Clear today, humidity is a whopping 98%!!!! We have 2-4” of rain coming Monday through Thursday, a soft drought busting rain. I’d like to see my ponds fill up but it will take more than that. The small pond is a puddle, the bigger pond is a bigger puddle.

No alarm this morning, slept past 6AM. Felt great. Got the flatbed trailer hitched to the truck with some long boards on it. Going to load some more stuff and go to the farm.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Atmosphere at 98% humidity, what does that mean? Is the backstroke possible? I know ;). I have been in East Texas in those conditions. Once, it was Winter Warm but my clothes were completely soaked from just walking around outdoors!

Here, the afternoon will have 10% humidity, we are told -- with the possibility of lightning and winds! Please, please continue to be careful with your cigarettes etc.! The morning sunrise is in a red streaked sky, east to west.

The wind, light or otherwise, may make trouble for the big veggie garden sprinklers but there's not much choice but to run them. If an inadequate job is happening, I can be back tomorrow and run them again buuut I just gotta get out there on one of these first days and do something other than snatch some veggies and then watch the sprinklers run. Hanging out at the nearby park ain't cutting it. I mean, just running the lawn mower on the garden perimeter ... ain't doin that and bein hit by the sprinklers at the same time but those winds pick up, late mornings ...

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , I had a weak moment the other day on the FamilySearch website. Decided to risk their facial recognition service - subcontractor that was "verified" to be on the up & UP.

The idea was to compare my face with those of ancestors - who do I look like? Well, there are probably too few photos in that tree but the result was that I look like my maternal grandfather. Oh, okay.

Then, DD was over and going through her photos. She came across a picture and I looked at it and thought to myself. "When did I have that hat and why do I look a little heavier than I've been in the last few years?" Then, I realized that it looked like my uncle ... my father's brother. I showed the photo to DW today. She confirms that his picture looks like me. So, I look like my grandfather on one side and an uncle on the other 🙄. Oh no! I should have pasted the other smiley: ☺️. Or maybe 🥲.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going for second cup of coffee. Got milk yesterday but didn’t get cream. I made more coffee so I can take my quart jar of cold coffee to the farm.

I haven’t gotten further than the bottom 4x4 skids and 2x4 cross members to make bottom frame for the sheep mini barn. I realized that once built, I’ll have to take down a cow panel to drag it in the pen, so I’ll drag it in the pen today and build it right there. I’ll drill holes in both ends of the skids and run long bolts in one end, then wrap with a chain and drag it with the mule.

Tomorrow is moving day! Sunday is moving sheep and dogs day!

Latest posts