Coffee

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since this "Coffee" thread goes all over the place I thought I would mention that I'm having a cup of coffee at 4:30pm along with some peach crisp with whipped cream. Now that's coffee related! :p

Mary
& yet, no pix or an invite? I love peach crisp. What is a rational person doing up at 4:30? (My reading apprehension is obviously turned off this AM while I drink my coffee and eat my oatmeal. The peach crisp had me all exited!)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Clear today, humidity is a whopping 98%!!!! We have 2-4” of rain coming Monday through Thursday, a soft drought busting rain. I’d like to see my ponds fill up but it will take more than that. The small pond is a puddle, the bigger pond is a bigger puddle.

No alarm this morning, slept past 6AM. Felt great. Got the flatbed trailer hitched to the truck with some long boards on it. Going to load some more stuff and go to the farm.
Still amazed at your strength. I think part of my trouble is my weight. I have been nonstop for the last 2 days at DD's house, up and down the stairs getting clothes for kids and come down and hear, that is not mine, that is Izzy's or the other way around. Or looking for something and DD says it is upstairs in the closet. lol Cooking breakfast at my house and DS takes me to her house on the way to work and cook breakfast there, and wash dishes and change diapers and then back in for lunch and I have been staying until 5 when DS comes to get me and then come home and water the garden or pick tomatoes and blackberries and wash clothes and take care of rabbits and cats. DS and me cooking and washing dishes. But my son-in-law is a lot younger than me and he is tired too. DD sent him to Walmart at 9 at night. She is having some issues and sore and trying to breastfeed and she said he did not come back and she was trying to text him and no answer and called him and he was asleep in the car in the driveway. LOL

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , I had a weak moment the other day on the FamilySearch website. Decided to risk their facial recognition service - subcontractor that was "verified" to be on the up & UP.

The idea was to compare my face with those of ancestors - who do I look like? Well, there are probably too few photos in that tree but the result was that I look like my maternal grandfather. Oh, okay.

Then, DD was over and going through her photos. She came across a picture and I looked at it and thought to myself. "When did I have that hat and why do I look a little heavier than I've been in the last few years?" Then, I realized that it looked like my uncle ... my father's brother. I showed the photo to DW today. She confirms that his picture looks like me. So, I look like my grandfather on one side and an uncle on the other🙄. Oh no! I should have pasted the other smiley: ☺️. Or maybe 🥲.

Steve
I think there is something to boys looking like their maternal grandfather. My brother looks like his maternal grandfather. DH I only saw one picture and I was shocked and his own mother said she saw DH walking up to her and she could not believe how much he looked like her dad and then my son-in-law says he looks like his dad and I never argue, but really he looks nothing like him, his smile is like his mother and then I saw a picture of his maternal uncle and his mother said that her dad and his brother looked just alike, and I can see who my son-in-law looks like now. I think for DD's sake and for his, it would be nice they had a boy look like him, but I just do not see it happening yet. DH's genetics are strong and my mother's are over my dad.

I was always told I looked like my dad and never questioned it and my brother never thought we looked alike, but twice now people look at us and say, wow you 2 look alike. My cousin who has not seen me in years saw a picture of me holding one of the kids and said you look just like your mother. People have not seen DD as a child or me and when Evelyn gets older they are going to be surprised how she looks. No question Izzy looks like DD and DS, but she has my eyes and this baby boy, this morning DD said, OK, I see dad in him. He looks so much like DS right now. I only have a couple of pictures of DH as a baby. My cousin is restoring his mother's video tapes and he is going to send me copies. To see my parents walking and talking and me and DB is going to be so interesting and other relatives.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my first cup and went out and took care of the rabbits and watered my plants on the patio and then picked some green beans. I am sitting here at noon with my second cup. So tired. This is the first time in 3 days that I have had sit down coffee in a cup. I have been taking it with me in the car and only time for 1 cup. Getting enough energy to go pick blackberries and tomatoes. I have a bunch on the table I have to get in the freezer.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed, I said 4:30 PM silly. Obviously you haven't had your coffee yet.

I started making peach or apricot crisp cause it's easier than a pie haha. I got some great apricots from someone I know and have 3 gallon bags in the freezer for winter consumption.

Mary
& still no pix......or invite. What gives? I’d leave you and your spouse a piece-to split between the 2 of you....:weee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
First cup of coffee at the farm. Can’t find coffee mugs. I got my favorite at the Alamo. It has the Alamo on one side, a cannon and Come And Take It on the other side. Oh well, a plastic go cup will do.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits activity is the key. Go as hard as you can. Maybe join a gym, burn calories, do strength training. The more you do, the more you CAN do. With all my activities I find myself not as strong as I used to be. I wear out faster, get more tired. I’m sure a lot of that is the pain in my knees. Some days, the pain takes me out and I just have to stop for a day or two, feet up in my recliner. I’m not going to like the forced “take it easy” of recovery one bit, but I don’t want to mess my knee up, so I’ll follow doctors orders. Being tired at the end of the day from activity is good for you!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits activity is the key. Go as hard as you can. Maybe join a gym, burn calories, do strength training. The more you do, the more you CAN do. With all my activities I find myself not as strong as I used to be. I wear out faster, get more tired. I’m sure a lot of that is the pain in my knees. Some days, the pain takes me out and I just have to stop for a day or two, feet up in my recliner. I’m not going to like the forced “take it easy” of recovery one bit, but I don’t want to mess my knee up, so I’ll follow doctors orders. Being tired at the end of the day from activity is good for you!
Old saying, no pain, no gain. Daughter (a nurse) tells my wife best medicine for her ailments is to walk. She won’t do it because “it hurts”.

Latest posts