Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I make the real rolled oats at home in microwave. Takes a total of 2.5 minutes. 1.5 on high while I get ready. Then 44 seconds while I do something else. Then 44 seconds while I get milk, etc and pour my coffee. Maybe over kill but always done and hot.

i'm usually rehydrating fruits in mine and want the oats really well cooked so my routine is to get them in the bowl, microwave for about 2 minutes to get them to a boil and then i set the power level to 2 and put them in for another 8:11 (because that gets the handle turned to exactly where i can reach it :) ).

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just came in from morning chores. Only 42F here, but I was layered and suited up for an Arctic blast. Another day of sitting around feeling like a lazy nothing. Sore throat is better, stuffy head is still stuffy. But over all, I’m better. Wish I felt like going outside and sawing boards. I don’t even want to do that.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
8:11 ?

44 + 44 = 88, 88/60 = 1.47, 1.47 + 1.5 = 2.97 ??

8 minutes seems long enough to get everything cooked enough but if i stop at 8:01 it would be in the middle of the last pulse of cooking power so i go until 8:11 - it is 10 seconds per rotation plus a second extra to turn the handle just a little more.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I make the real rolled oats at home in microwave. Takes a total of 2.5 minutes. 1.5 on high while I get ready. Then 44 seconds while I do something else. Then 44 seconds while I get milk, etc and pour my coffee. Maybe over kill but always done and hot.
I love how fast you can get the job done! When my kids were little I used to make waffles for them every morning. I got it down to mixing up the batter in 2 minutes!

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can no longer eat Oatmeal, either instant or others. I get a sugar hit reallllllly quickly. No matter if I eat protein with it, or load it with nuts, flax, or other things.

I don't know who you are referring to @Alasgun. It wasn't @hoodat? @ninnymary has a persimmon tree or a neighbor of her does. She one time dropped a bunch off at my house when she was heading up to the Sierra Foothills to her cabin.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can no longer eat Oatmeal, either instant or others. I get a sugar hit reallllllly quickly. No matter if I eat protein with it, or load it with nuts, flax, or other things.

I don't know who you are referring to @Alasgun. It wasn't @hoodat? @ninnymary has a persimmon tree or a neighbor of her does. She one time dropped a bunch off at my house when she was heading up to the Sierra Foothills to her cabin.
Oatmeal should lower your sugar hit. Are you adding sugar or a sweetener to your oatmeal?
I also like to drink grapefruit (unsweetened) juice. That makes me pucker but I have to think the body tries to neutralize the grapefruit juice-thus pulling sugar out of my system.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
lime juice is about half the sugars as compared to either grapefruit or orange juice, but it's pretty brutal unsweetened. i still have to put some sugar in the limeaide i make but i grind up all the sections other than the peel so there's a ton of fiber in it - it is more chewy than juicy.

Latest posts