Coffee

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone! Happy Thursday!
Coffee is hot but there's only 1/2 pot remaining so it's first come first serve.
I call dibs on the dregs, I need the high octane this morning if I intend to be productive & not nap.
the cardinal is out there chirping up a storm. so funny and so loud! he must have liked all the melon seeds i put out there for him. i got a half of a container more seeds to put out for him after this next round of snow melts...
I can copy their call pretty well... they will fly into my tree looking for the odd-sounding rival. :lol:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good morning, and I am in the coffee mode now:D
334314679_5886493744804811_1890867177931824334_n.jpg

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
I'm very sad 😭😢:hit to report that all I have for coffee this morning is the "Fake Stuff" INSTANT COFFEE :he:barnie:rant:somad:duc. :hide:hide is what everyone needs to do while I'm shopping if the caffeine doesn't kick in but I'm hoping :fl that it helps long enough for me to get home from shopping and get at least 1/2 pot of "JET FUEL" made.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Country Homesteader rule #1. Always keep 1 can of coffee extra.

I got coffee made for you, pour yourself a nice big cup.

Going to be a beautiful day today. I’m going over to a friend’s house and dig up 2 crepe myrtles that she is giving me. I have to decide on front yard or back yard. Front yard has 9 sheep in it. Back yard will have a portable building in it, it’s the truck and trailer that I’m worried about. Somehow trucks and trailers seem to go all over the back yard.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A Crepe Myrtle is such a pretty tree. You will want to protect them, @baymule :).

For several years, I have frequently driven past a couple of those trees. The location is near a geological feature known as Myrtle Point. That is named for a girl named Myrtle, not for a tree. The plants are beyond their hardiness zone and some Winters have been tough on them.

They are in a side yard of a corner lot so they were easy to see driving by until the owners built one of those tall tight fences. Still, and despite losing some branches to the cold weather, they are tall enough to be seen. It's almost as though the fences were built not just to keep traffic noise out and enclose a patio but to protect those trees. Not entirely successful but the side yard may be a very attractive place for the residents.

Steve

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Good Morning all!
I'm very sad 😭😢:hit to report that all I have for coffee this morning is the "Fake Stuff" INSTANT COFFEE :he:barnie:rant:somad:duc. :hide:hide is what everyone needs to do while I'm shopping if the caffeine doesn't kick in but I'm hoping :fl that it helps long enough for me to get home from shopping and get at least 1/2 pot of "JET FUEL" made.
My words EXACTLY!!! :gig:gig:gig

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone!
"REAL" Coffee is hot and ready!
Nope, I didn't go bat sh*t crazy on anyone yesterday even though I thought about it at CAR POOL Car Wash. Yup, I understand that they were busy because it was a very beautiful day here but that doesn't mean do a a sloppy job or not do a complete job. FH had paid for a complete detail (exterior & interior wash and cleaning). Well, they were suppose to lift the mats/rugs vacuum under them (nope, they didn't) but it got ALL taken care of the second time round seeing how FH complained to the manager about it. I had told him not to worry about it seeing how I could do a better job of cleaning the car when we got home but he paid $50 for a clean car and he was going to get a clean car so when I left a review on Google it wasn't a good one.
About to go get a 2nd cup of coffee and begin the prep work (red & green peppers, onions, mushrooms) so I can put the skewers together for the KEBABS (beef, chicken and pork) plus cook the salad shells for the PASTA SALAD (pasta shells, cherry tomatoes, cheese [Mozzarella & Colby] and Italian Dressing), DEVILED EGGS (friends are bringing), and BAKED BEANS is what's on the menu for dinner tonight.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m coming over for supper!
Thanks for the coffee! On my first cup. It’s so foggy outside that I can’t see the front fence. I slept late, woke up at 3 AM. I have a book, it’s called;
Minerals for the Genetic Code

Is says if one gets a 3 AM wake up call, that points to a magnesium deficiency. Since this happens way too frequently, I think I need to get some magnesium.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Sunday Morning. I'm up a little later than usual from an unusual dream.

In the dream, I had found a wild plant in the forest that I identify as edible and had told chefs about it. Interested, they asked me to bring it in to the kitchen. Off I go but the plant had bloomed by that time and I could no longer be sure that it is what I thought it to be.

I'm back in the kitchen and the chef is nearly finished with something else and I'm desperately searching for information about the flowers of this presumed edible plant. I realize that there is no way for me to be confident enough in the identification to have them prepare it to be eaten!

In my dream the plant was tall and with large green leaves. The dream may have been the result of a news story I read yesterday about a recently rediscovered plant in Japan. The only above ground part of the plant is the flower. Oh, I think, so it's like a mushroom - I wonder if it tastes like one. Then, I read that it was thought to be extinct and that all related species are very rare -- Fairy Lanterns. And, my first thought is if it can be eaten ...

Steve, more or less awake now

Latest posts