digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zcalendar.png

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
Coffee is ready and it's HOT. I'm going to go get me 2nd cup right now.
Had a blast at the auction yesterday, got a few items I needed (BIG box of cake pans), folding card tables, some more Christmas deco and FH found a KOBALT toolbox that goes on in the bed of a pickup for cheap,. Nope, we don't have a pickup he was looking for a co-worker of his but we managed to get it home on the roof of our car though.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seeds came yesterday, so earlier than I had thought. Warmer today and I finally got around to starting some seeds. DS had to to buy a new power strip for the greenhouse lights. I forgot that last summer we had a power surge and it knocked out the power strip that was plugged in the wall. It is supposed to start raining, so snow is melting.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning. Herbal tea finished steeping in the kettle, toasted whole wheat English muffins with peanut butter and raisins for breakfast.

I've been reading about the languages of China. My word, there are so many! Even those classified in the same group are not all mutually intelligible. I mean, there are 7 - 9 groups divided again and many subgroups are unintelligible to each other. We are talking here about more than just accents.

How a common government would be acceptable, diplomacy, negotiating policies ... it's almost beyond comprehension.

This was all prompted by the Oscar winning motion picture and actress - who was born in Malaysia! I read about the Chinese Vietnamese actor last night. Yes, I knew something about those people, even recognizing that there were those from a centuries ago migration and migrants from a later one.

Back for herbal tea ... the most recent dehydrating of the Mandarin orange peels was a complete flop. The bitter things went in the compost bucket. I guess that it might be those out of recent harvest that may be okay. Certainly, this batch was strikingly different! So, it's store-bought peppermint/licorice tea. Tasty but just a little insipid even with the cranberries adding sweetness :). Curious, do Canadians join the British and spell it "liquorice?" Oh, the contrasts!

:D Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've determined that eating grits is just like eating cream of wheat, or cocowheats, or ...

yes, i've been adapting them to chocolate and other combinations too, butter, a bit of sugar and some almond extract, good vanilla, etc.

making do with some packages friends gave to us. :) we were going to pass the grits along after my first try at making them i did not cook them enough and they didn't sit very well in my stomach, so the 2nd attempt i cooked them longer and they did just fine. so they will be in the breakfast round up for a while until i eat them all up.

of course, Mom won't touch 'em. hahaha! :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've determined that eating grits is just like eating cream of wheat, or cocowheats, or ...

yes, i've been adapting them to chocolate and other combinations too, butter, a bit of sugar and some almond extract, good vanilla, etc.

making do with some packages friends gave to us. :) we were going to pass the grits along after my first try at making them i did not cook them enough and they didn't sit very well in my stomach, so the 2nd attempt i cooked them longer and they did just fine. so they will be in the breakfast round up for a while until i eat them all up.

of course, Mom won't touch 'em. hahaha! :)
Grits, salt and butter and that is all. Love grits. Breakfast as a kid before school would be grits, soft boiled eggs and toast or cinnamon toast.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow is melting and a little sprinkling rain and 46 right now. The rabbits are confused about daylight savings time. I went out and they did not come to the door and I looked in and they got up and stretching and yawning. I feel the same, but coffee helped. Glad to see the lights on in the greenhouse and already 1 day looked in to see if anything up. LOL

Latest posts